€16.00 – €27.00
Armyra (aka Salinity in Greek): The varietal composition of Armyra varies depending on the vintage. Bottles before 2014 are 100% Chardonnay. Onwards the harvest 2014, Armyra is bottled as a blend of 95% Chardonnay and 5% Malagouzia.
Malagouzia is a charming variety with beautiful expressions of green apple, citrus and flowers. It ferments in stainless steel tanks and ages shortly in them in contact with its fine lees. A 30% of Chardonnay ferments in new 225 litres French oak barriques, carries out malolactic fermentation and ages sur lie for six months with regular batonnage. The remaining 70% is fermented in stainless steel tanks and remains there until its blended.
The Chardonnay vineyards are located in Corinth, and in fact so close to the sea that it gives not only saltiness to the taste but also the name to the wine.
Originally the color is green-yellow with a few greenish hues. The nose is expressive with aromas of ripe peach, tropical fruit such as pineapple and hints of lemon. Aromas of butter, bread and caramel follow. The mouth is rich, round, refreshing and blanced. The finish is long, complex, and with constant evolution.
The available bottles are very limited.